Friday, June 29, 2012

Odds and Ends


Well...I've survived my first week of living, cooking, and eating on my own! Here are a couple snapshots of what I've been eating this week:

hearty: rice and lentils mixed with bok choy, carrots, and onions

fresh: pasta and olive oil with steamed broccoli, cherry tomatoes, lentils, kale, and cilantro

Overall I've just been steaming all my veggies because it's just so much easier and quicker than stir frying or roasting. It's easy to clean up too -- I just have to wash the bowl I used to steam rather than pots or pans! Steaming is one of the healthiest ways to cook anyways; the fact that it's quick and the veggies don't come in direct contact with the water results in them retaining most of their minerals and nutrients.

for fun: oatmeal-raisin "cookies" inspired by katie. I added more oats than usual and probably kept them in the oven for too long...thus the granola-like texture. They weren't very sweet but definitely a good snack to much on!

My internship hasn't started yet so I have lots of free time to catch up with friends, so I ate out a lot this past week:
Korean bbq in K-town, Sushi on Sawtelle, and cooking with a friend! (made honey-maple chicken with grilled onions, and salsa-and-onion-seasoned shrimp...delicious :) )

until next time,
Leanna

1 comment:

  1. Hi Leanna, you have a lovely blog! And I love how well you eat~keep it up with the nutrients! :D

    ReplyDelete