Sunday, February 5, 2012

A Reason

Okay so here I am, starting a blog...not sure where it will go but I figured I'd just give it a shot!

Why am I doing this? In a nutshell, I have a ton of allergies. I've been allergic to peanuts practically since I was born, and have since then my body has developed intolerances for soy protein, chinese black beans, lactose & dairy products, and in 2007, wheat and gluten. This constant awareness of what I put into my body has grown into a passion for healthy eating and taking care of your body! Eating has always been a HUGE part of my life, and I'm here as a testament that having a ton of allergies does not equal eating cardboard! I've been able to survive thrive despite these restrictions and want to be able to share bits of my life with all y'all out there :)

I'm currently a second-year college student at the University of California, Los Angeles (GO BRUINS!) When I first came to college, I was pretty apprehensive as to what I'd be able to eat in the dorms. But surprisingly, there are tons of options and it just takes some discretion and creativity to have balanced meals! I've learned to combine dorm food ingredients with my own groceries to make quick & easy, clean & healthy eats for a time-crunched, hungry college student! Hopefully some of you out there will be able to identify and share :)

What else? Besides food, of course, I love God, dance, magazines, markers, sunshine, crafts, hiking, and yoga. Who knows, I might throw some of that into this blog as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment