Saturday, August 11, 2012

Another Salsa...Corn + Blueberries!


Keeping with my random infatuation with summertime salsas...

I was perusing through my food "pins" and came across this amazing looking blueberry corn salsa. I first saw this recipe during Winter Quarter, when I didn't have access to a kitchen or fresh blueberries. I remembered a few weeks ago and had to try it out.

Unfortunately I didn't have all the ingredients that Tara used, so I modified and simplified the recipe to fit what I had in the kitchen!


Pan-fried a can of corn with chopped sweet onions,

added about a cup of fresh blueberries (probably less because I kept popping them in my mouth along the way),

then seasoned the salad with chopped cilantro, salt, pepper, and lime juice. I mixed it all together then stuck it in the fridge for a few hours to let the flavors combine.

It turned out pretty good! Just the corn and blueberries alone would be too sweet, but the onion and lime balanced it out. You can eat it by the spoonful (I did at first!) or serve it over a bed of greens, rice, or in tacos!




No comments:

Post a Comment