Monday, August 6, 2012

Cherry Tomato and Avocado Summer Salsa - Freshness to the Max!





This summer salsa is GOOD. It's so flavorful and fresh and literally every bite was an explosion of deliciousness in my mouth!!

Seriously. And it was easy to make. I was bored on a Saturday morning so I decided to throw together all these simple flavors and it turned out phenomenal. 





Cherry Tomato & Avocado Summer Salsa

2 cups chopped cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 large avocado (firm enough to hold its own in the salsa)
juice from 1/2 a lime (to taste)

Because this salsa is so simple, the key is to start out with good, fresh ingredients. If the individual flavors are good, it makes for just that much of a better dish.

 
Aren't the colors of these cherry tomatoes (from Trader Joe's!) beautiful? And this avocado...absolute perfection!

1. Chop, chop chop up the tomatoes into small pieces, dice the onions, finely chop the cilantro, and cut the avocado into bite-sized cubes.

2. Combine. It's that simple.

3. Squeeze the lime juice over the salsa; season with salt to taste. I found that it was flavorful enough to forgo the salt! Gently mix the salsa so you don't crush the tomatoes or avocado.

You're done! Easy enough, right?



I have to admit...I ate a good amount of this salsa by itself by the spoonful. I couldn't get enough of it! Then I decided to make more of a "complete meal" with it: 

A good way to start off my Saturday!




No comments:

Post a Comment