Saturday, August 11, 2012

Combine and Dine

I made the salsas in the previous two posts on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Then I made this for dinner on Sunday....
(quinoa with chickpeas, kale, tomatoes, and spices)


and found my refrigerator quite stocked with tupperware filled with food.



Lots of leftovers.


It actually worked out wonderfully, because I had a final exam and paper the next week. What a great time to embrace (and be creative with) leftovers!


Monday dinner: corn tortilla tacos filled with this salsa, with the leftover quinoa dish on the side.

write write write!!!

 Tuesday midmorning snack: leftover quinoa & chickpeas with steamed broccoli and blueberries

Tuesday lunch: lentils from the fridge with spinach, combined with that same tomato salsa and some of this corn salsa topped with avocado...really flavorful!

Wednesday lunch: leftover quinoa dish + lentils +  that corn salsa + steamed broccoli + avocado. AHHH yummy!!

And that was the last of the leftovers! Perfect, because I finished my final Wednesday morning and then went home for the weekend. Leftovers don't have to be mundane, just make sure you have a variety of dishes with complementary flavors (in this case I was able to pair flavorful salsas with basic grains) that you can easily combine!





No comments:

Post a Comment