Sunday, July 15, 2012

Ideas for Asparagus: Part II

Last time I posted about my delicious asparagus. I was so enthusiastic about that asparagus that I bought 3 bunches at the farmer's market. Luckily they were picked just that morning, so I saved this bunch in my fridge for an entire week and it was still crisp! I just cut the ends and stuck the stalks in a cup of water right away so the asparagus could keep "drinking" water while in the fridge, which kept it pretty fresh!


Last time it turned out delicious so I thought I would just sauté it again...

...but ended up adding more veggies!
onions, shredded carrots, and mushrooms, oh my!

It made a delicious stir-fry on top of brown rice. 
I couldn't even tell that the asparagus was old!

yums :)

So glad I got to experiment with this veggie! I'll definitely be using it more in the future, now that I know how to cook it!

No comments:

Post a Comment