Sunday, July 8, 2012

Soft Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies


When I'm procrastinating on schoolwork, I bake.


I was craving cookies...but I didn't have many ingredients in my apartment! (read as: no eggs, flour, or butter) I threw some stuff together, hoping it would turn out somewhat edible.

And they were!



I actually decided to leave them in the oven for only 6 minutes because it was pretty warm outside and I didn't want to heat up the apartment too much. But the result was pretty cool.....


....half-way baked chewy cookies! The bottom was cooked and firm enough to hold the cookie together, but the top half was still soft and chewy. Yum! It was almost like oatmeal-raisin cookie dough, but without any risk of salmonella from raw eggs - all the ingredients are okay to eat plain! 

It was definitely a pleasant surprise. 

This was seriously the easiest, simplest, and quickest way to satisfy my cookie craving. Plus, they're healthy enough to eat for breakfast! (And I did eat them for breakfast the next day) ;) Enjoy!



Soft Almond Butter Oatmeal Cookies
1 cup oats
1/2 cup almond butter (or any butter of your preference)
1 banana, mashed
4 tablespoons ground flaxseed
2 tablespoons sugar / sugar substitute
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
handful of raisins

Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Spoon into 1.5-inch mounds on a cookie sheet and place in the oven. I baked them for 6 minutes at 350 degrees; depending on your oven I would say to bake them anywhere from 5-10 minutes. Cool, then eat - they're good warm! Makes about 10-12 little cookies :)









2 comments:

  1. YUM this kind of looks gross but yummy at the same time! i want to make these now (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. procrastinating + baking = procrastibaking!

    ReplyDelete